BUSINESS SERVICES ACCOUNTANT
* Challenge yourself to develop solutions and become a trusted advisor for a wide range of small and medium businesses
* Opportunity to advance your career beyond traditional accounting with ongoing training and development
* Permanent / Permanent part-time role with flexible work arrangements
Are you ready to enjoy your work and feel like you are part of the bigger picture? Are you looking to work with the most relevant accounting technologies for real-time accounting? If so, this may be the role for you!
At Blackburn ‘ Prior, we are a modern accounting business helping our clients to gain competitive advantages in today’s working world. Operating out of Lismore and Ballina, we provide tax advice and business services for businesses and self-employed individuals.
Being part of an industry that is constantly changing challenges us to learn and move quickly. Our agile way of working enables us to offer flexible work and be responsive to the challenges small businesses are facing. Our team takes pride in investing time and resources into the ongoing training and development of all employees.
Who are you?
* A natural communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and with co-workers;
* Technology-literate and willing to learn new, web-based accounting software;
* Task-focused and efficient;
* Motivated to achieve personal career goals;
* Open to being part of a close-knit team; and
* Encourages diversity and inclusion of others.
What does the role look like?
As an Accountant for Blackburn ‘ Prior, you will be responsible for providing clients with technical solutions, cloud software support and troubleshooting advice whilst remaining empathetic towards small business goals. You’ll have:
* Proficiency in use of Xero or similar cloud-based accounting software (preferred)
* Experience in BAS preparation, financial statements and tax returns
* Exposure to a variety of entity types;
* Experience working in a small to medium-sized firm;
* Interested and effective in working with banks, finance brokers, financial planners and insurance brokers to help clients manage their risks and achieve their goals
* Business acumen; and
* Degree in Business and/or Accounting (or soon to be completed).
At Blackburn ‘ Prior we’re always keen to promote work/life balance and are happy to consider applicants seeking flexible work arrangements in either Lismore or Ballina.
Get in touch today!