Good tax advice and efficient tax return preparation is the foundation of most accounting relationships.
Good tax services are made up of:
1. Good structural choices made early in a business' life. This means understanding the pros and cons of operating as:
- a sole trader;
- a partnership;
- a company;
- a trust, or
- a well thought out combination of the above. With a self managed superannuation fund too, if appropriate to your situation.
2. Regular tax services during the business life. This covers:
- Helping to maximising your legal tax deductions;
- Optimising your legal profit allocations;
- Lodging BAS and tax returns on time, to present an efficient profile to the Australian Taxation Office;
- Helping you meet your tax and super obligations to your staff
- Good planning before you sell your business. Tax laws operate such that planning should start at least four years before you sell, to maximise the tax benefits when you exit - the later you leave the planning, the less choices you may have.
At Blackburn ' Prior we have a highly skilled team in both our Lismore and Ballina offices who can ensure your taxation needs are meet.